Job title: Hardware Stock Controller
Reports to: Group Packaging Manager
Site: Kellet Gate
To ensure that hardware stocks are ordered and scheduled for delivery to the specification agreed with the supplier, ensuring that the expectations of our customers are fully met in terms of price, availability, and quality.
Work closely with the Group Packaging Manager to develop and implement a Hardware supplier strategy in line with business procurement objectives.
Manage standard and purchase cost differential.
Highlight areas where potential savings can be achieved.
Look to add value to the process by removing cost from the supply chain wherever possible.
Record and report any residual stock issues.
- Place all hardware orders with the appropriate supplier / Shanghai Office using the agreed written specification sheets. It is understood that hardware is not exhaustive or permanent and that other items may be added or taken away at various times.
- Apply robust stock control measures to ensure that suppliers meet the required shipping deadlines, schedule the arrival of containers ensuring that Goods Inwards are fully aware of all pending deliveries,
- Ensure that sufficient materials are available prior to production in line with order volumes, taking account of any existing on-site stock and rejections.
- Frequently review the forecasted order volumes against stock availability and future deliveries, taking action as necessary in order to eliminate any shortages caused by late delivery, rejections etc.
- Highlight areas of concern where product buy does not compare with forecasted sales.
- Arrange inbound transport of products where required, to meet production deadlines.
- Liaise with all Account Managers on a weekly basis to inform them of all delivery dates and inform the business of any potential delays / problems.
- Ensure that MPV is achieved on every purchased item; report to the Group Packaging Manager any issues where applying MPV may be an issue.
- The entry and maintenance of Purchase Orders into Prophet.
- Monitor and measure the performance of our suppliers in terms of on time and in full delivery, quality and improvement activity
- Implement terms and conditions with suppliers including payment terms as determined by the Group Packaging Manager.
- Raise claims against suppliers as appropriate when the specification is not met.
- Work with the Account Managers and NPD to maximise the profitable development of the business through all aspects of the commercial mix including product range and development, sales and marketing opportunities.
- Ensure that the Hardware QA team are supplied the correct specification on all orders to enable that samples are supplied to the required standards / specification.
- The key communication links with this position are: Group Packaging Manager, NPD Team, Account Managers, Goods Inwards, Technical and QA team
If you are interested in this role please submit your CV or application by following the link available. The closing date is Friday 18th May 2018 17.00